Remington College students, staff and faculty around the country showed that no matter how busy the holiday season can get with classes to attend, dinners to cook, and gifts to buy, there is always time to perform good deeds for others.
With our combined efforts, Remington Colleges donated:
- 170 Coats for Kids
- 2,294 children’s books
- More than 1,300 Toys for Tots
- Over 4,000 pounds of canned goods or non-perishable food items
To view more photos from holiday drives at Remington College campuses, visit www.facebook.com/remingtoncollege and view the “Holiday Drives 2010” photo album.
Here are the outstanding results of the holiday donation drives at our Remington Colleges:
- Remington College in Baton Rouge collected five barrels of food and more than 200 toys for the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank.
- Our Cleveland, Ohio college collected 150 coats for the Coats for Kids drive, and our North Olmsted, Ohio college students and staff donated 107 toys to the Toys for Tots drive as well as $320 to St. Joe’s Homeless Shelter.
- Colorado Springs college students, faculty and staff donated 20 coats to a local coat drive and stuffed 49 stockings for the Salvation Army’s “Fill the Stockings” drive.
- Students and staff at our Dallas, Texas college donated an outstanding 455 children’s books to the Metroplex Association for Career School’s Holiday Book Drive that benefited the Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital.
- Our college in Ft. Worth, Texas collected and donated 1,839 books to the Scottish Rite Children’s Hospital, as well as 179 toys donated to Cowboy Santa.
- Our Houston colleges focused on Toys for Tots drives, with:
- 40 toys donated from the Houston campus.
- 92 toys donated from the North Houston (Greenspoint) campus.
- Three large boxes of toys donated from the Houston Southeast (Webster) campus.
- Houston Southeast college also donated 15 boxes of food to a local women’s shelter, The Bridge.
- The Acadiana Outreach program received 100 toys donated by our Lafayette, Louisiana college. Students and staff there also collected more than 300 canned goods and performed 224 services that qualified for canned food coupons.
- Little Rock college students, faculty, and staff participated in the “Stuff the Sleigh” toy drive and donated 92 toys.
- The Middle South Tennessee Food bank received 750 pounds of food donated by our Memphis college.
- Our Nashville college not only helped by donating time and items to Senior Help of Middle Tennessee, but they also donated 15 large boxes of food to the Second Harvest Food Bank.
- In Orlando, Florida, our College of Nursing students donated 10 boxes of food and plenty of diapers to the WESH 2 News “Share Your Christmas” drive.
- Remington College in Shreveport donated an astounding 2,764 pounds of canned/non-perishable goods to the Northwest Louisiana Food Bank, and 237 toys to Operation Santa.
- Tampa college students and staff collected four boxes of toys for the local Toys for Tots Drive.