Remington College’s Honolulu Career Services Department is offering a complimentary business workshop to Remington College students and graduates who are interested in learning more about starting a business.
Get answers to some important questions for first-time business owners, such as:
- In starting my own business, what’s the first thing I need to do?
- Which licenses are required to operate my business in Honolulu, Hawaii?
- How do I know if I should register a business trade name, trademark, or service mark?
- What are the differences between a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, S-corporation, and limited liability corporation?
- What is a FEIN, and where do I get one?
- What is a general excise tax, and what is the current rate?
The event, called “Business Workshop: Getting Started Right,” will be held on Wednesday, August 3, 2011, from 3 to 4 p.m. at the Remington College Campus, in downtown Honolulu.
The campus is located at:
1111 Bishop Street, Suite 400
Honolulu, HI 96813
Focus on Local Business Services
The workshop will be presented by Remington College Job Development Specialist Paolo Delacruz. A guest speaker from the Hawaiian Tel Federal Credit Union and Business Action Center Hawaii will also join the workshop to introduce business services available in the community.
We hope to see you there!